Notary Service & Hours
No appointment necessary!
Your Neighborhood Office offers walk-in notary services:
- M-F: 8a to 6p
- Sat.: 9:30a to 4p
- Sun.: CLOSED
Please be advised: We are not attorneys & cannot provide any advice regarding your transaction.
Steps to a Proper Notarization
- Appear in person before the notary
- Provide proper identification for each person signing (see below)
Please bring :
- One Valid Government Issue Photo Identification &
- One piece of Supporting Identification to avoid possible processing delay
Valid forms of Government Identification include:
- Current Passport
- Driver's License
- State ID
- Resident Cards
- Armed Forces or other Government Agency ID
Supporting Documentation can include:
- Voter Registration Card
- Recognized Corporate ID
- College/University ID
- Current Lease
- Mortgage or Deed
- Home, Vehicle or Medical insurance
Unacceptable Forms of Identification include:
- Credit Cards
- Social Security Cards
- Birth Certificates
- Temporary Driver's Licenses & Drivers Licenses without Photographs
What a Notary Can & Cannot Do
- NY Notaries cannot certify copies of documents.
- NY Notaries cannot notarize photos.
- Notaries at YNO do not have the specialized knowledge required to execute a protest & therefore will decline any requests to Notarize a protest. Please contact your attorney or bank representative.
- The Department of State directs NY Notaries not to administer oaths to themselves. Any request to the Notary to certify/swear to the truthfulness or accuracy of something will be denied.
- NY Notaries can notarize a document in another language if the notarial certificate & document signature are in English.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES CAN WE PERFORM A NOTARIZATION IF THE SIGNER AND THE NOTARY CANNOT DIRECTLY COMMUNICATE WITH ONE ANOTHER IN ENGLISH.
Authentication of a notary's signature may require a visit to one or both of the following agencies:
NY County Clerk
60 Centre Street Room 161
New York, NY 10007
NY Department of State Certification Unit
123 Williams Street 19th Floor
New York, NY 10038